Please ensure your important files and apps are backed up and you have sufficient battery.
- Download and install USB Drivers on your pc.
- Go to menu > settings > applications > Development option> enable USB debugging mode.
- Download cf-root and odin and extract them.
- Turn off your tab. Press and hold volume down and power buttons together. A warning message will appear on the screen, press volume down button. You'll enter into download mode.
- Right click on file odin3 v3.07.exe > run as administrator.
- Plug in the USB cable to the tab to connect it with the computer while tab is in the download mode.
- Wait for some time until odin detects the tab. When connected successfully, the id: com box will turn blue with the com port number. Also, successful connection will be indicated by an added message in odin.
- In odin, click the pda button and select cf-auto-root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5 file.
- Ensure the auto reboot and f.reset time checkboxes are selected in odin. But uncheck the re-partition option.
- Click the start button in odin to begin installation.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware should be now rooted successfully. Users may now install any app that requires root permission.